Museums in Short 2018 – The Beautiful Dozen of Finalists
49 museums from 20 European countries participated at the 5th edition of the Museums in Short Award – European contest for short videos produced by/for/with museums. The awarding ceremony will take place in Piran/Slovenia on the 31st of August 2018, hosting by the International foundation Forum of Slavic Cultures and Piran Municipality.
The Jury – international group of Museum, Media and Video professionals selected 12 finalists, divided in three categories: promotional (trailers communicating museums, their exhibitions or events), exhibits (short video realized for permanent or temporary exhibition) and storytelling (short narratives in video format – fictional documentaries, interviews, motion graphics, animations, etc.).
The winners in each category will be announced at the ceremony in Piran (Slovenia) on the 31st of August 2018 on the open-air venue. Special Public Audience cerfiticate will be handed to the winner of the on-line voting. 12 best videos will be uploaded to the social channels and voting platform.
MUSEUMS IN SHORT 2018 – FINALISTS
- Aarhus Stories Case Film / Den Gamle By, Aarhus (Denmark)
- Seeing with a Japanese Eye / Van Gogh Museum, Amsterdam (The Netherlands)
- West Coast Stories / Tirpitz, Tirpitzvej Blavand (Denmark)
- I am the Lion of Kythera / Archaeological Museum of Kythera, Kythera (Greece)
- Rural Worlds / Musée des Civilisations de l'Europe et de la Méditerranée (Mucem), Marseille (France)
- University of Disaster / Museum of Contemporary Art of Republic of Srpska, Banja Luka (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
- Welcome to the Hallwyl Palace / The Hallwyl Museum, Stockholm (Sweden)
About the Museums in Short
Museums in Short has been launched by musil – Museum of Industry and Labour, in collaboration with EMA- European Museum Academy, Fondazione Brescia Musei and Forum of Slavic Cultures.
Museums in Short awards are presented to institutions, authors or producers who use videos to enhance museum communication and engage audiences. Projects may include documentaries, animations, trailers and visual installations. More than 200 are gathered in Museums in Short archive.